You are here
Scholarships for Colon
IFF PANAMA INDUSTRY PROGRAM
The Industry Program of the Panama International Film Festival and the Contra - Peso Foundation invites you to convene in the 2020 Scholarship Contest for young, new film talents residing in the Province of Colon, who will receive accreditations of industry, transportation, lodging and per diem allowances for food and beverages. Those selected may participate in the training activities of the ninth edition of the Panama International Film Festival that will take place from March 26 to April 1, 2020.
4 scholarships will be awarded to the selected who meet the following requirements:
- Students of university level and/or audiovisual creatives from 18 to 25 years, may apply. Colón Province residents, with personal identity card number 3 or born in another province to prove through documents that they have resided in the province of Colón for at least the last 10 years. Having basic knowledge and previous experiences in the film industry can register an application.
- Applicants must apply through the email email@example.com, providing: Letter of intent of at least 300 words, copy of identity card, proof of address that can be issued by the Tribunal Electoral de Colón or issue a copy of receipt of any service where the address appears (electricity, water, etc.), Resumé and a link with a video or short film that shows the work done. The link is not mandatory, however it accumulates points for the evaluation process. The call begins on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 from 12:01 am and ends on Friday, February 7 at 11:59 pm Panama time.
- Applications received outside the established times and / or that do not meet the requirements will be discarded before the selection committee.
- Applicants will be evaluated by a selection committee made up of members of the IFF Panama Industry Program.
- Those who are elected will receive a notification via email with all the instructions and information necessary to formalize the participation granted to the ninth edition of the Panama International Film Festival 2020.
- Obtaining the Scholarship means: 1 industry accreditation for each selected with access to workshops, talks, regular panel discussions, press conferences and industry projections, networking events for industry that are open to the accredited, industry cocktails and 2 tickets per day for regular screenings to be held during the week of the festival from March 26 to April 1, 2020. Transportation Colón-Panamá-Colón, lodging in Panama City and a symbolic cash per diem for food and beverages.
- The nomination of the applicant implies the understanding and acceptance of each of the points that form the rules of this contest.