You are here
Panama Film Match
CALL FOR PROJECTS
Panamá Film Match 2020
The First Co-production Forum for Central America and the Caribbea
Panama Film Match is the first co-production forum for Central America and the Caribbean, joining some of the region’s undergoing film projects together with producers, distributors, sales agents, and other members of the international film industry. This initiative focuses on building networks and taking projects from the region – that are currently under development – on the road to completion, while gaining access to production funds from around the world.
This co-production forum seeks to become a meeting ground for artistic, economic and creative collaboration between the countries from this special area of the world’s geography. The IFF Panamá Foundation is the driving force behind the IFF Panamá, a film festival that has had a bold and sustained growth since it was first established nine years ago, supporting Central America and the Caribbean’s rising film industry and providing its commitment as an institution.
In aims to promote co-production efforts, as well as to access funds and international film markets, Panamá Film Match will organize personalized meetings with potential investors, producers, distributors, international sales agents, and industry guests attending Panama’s International Film Festival.
Panamá Film Match will also become a tool for directors and producers from Central America and the Caribbean to broaden their contact network, and to also gain access international funds that support co-productions, to film markets and festivals, and to film industry decision makers that meet every year in Panama to celebrate cinema. This forum is sponsored by BID Lab.
Panamá Film Match will grant a US$10,000.00 award to one of the selected projects that makes the best pitch in front of a jury of film industry experts. This important award will contribute to the successful future of the film. The partnership between the Fundación IFF Panamá (FIP) and BID Lab for Panamá Film Match supports the commitment by both organizations to strengthen the region’s film industry, which unifies the identity of our peoples and also invigorates each country’s economy.
Forum: March 30th to April 1st, 2020.
Call/Application: Opens December 2nd, 2019 and closes January 15th, 2020.
Selection announcement: February 12th, 2020.
- Up to 10 projects from the region will participate. This includes Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bonaire, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, El Salvador, Granada, Guadalupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Caiman Islands, Turks & Caicos, British Virgin Islands, US Virgin Islands, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, San Bartolomé, San Cristobal y Nieves, Sint Eustatius, French Saint Martin, Dutch Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Santa Lucía and Trinidad and Tobago.
- Feature-length fiction films and documentaries will be received. They must have a script draft, and at least 20% of the financing already secured.
- Send folder in English and Spanish to this email address: email@example.com.
- Forum selected projects are committed to include the Panamá Film Match logo in the credits of their film.
The folder must include the following:
- Project name.
- Country of origin, genre, and estimated length.
- Brief one-page summary.
- Treatment (from 7 up to 10 pages).
- Script draft.
- Director’s profile and filmography (sample of previous work, either feature or short).
- Producer’s profile and filmography (sample of previous work, either feature or short).
- Financing plan and budget.
- Current project status.
- Schedule with estimated dates for pre-production, production, post-production, premiere, and distribution.
- Additional information for consideration (awards, partners, possible co-producers, either national or foreign).
- Letter of intent: Why are you interested in participating in Panamá Film Match 2020?
- Inscription is free.
- Traveling expenses to and from Panama City will be covered by the participants. Lodging (3 nights in a double room per project) and meals will be provided by the forum. IFF Panamá will provide Industry credentials to two participants per project, who should preferably be its director and producer.